Thursday, March 18, 2010

One Million Trees for Ethiopia


A friend in Singapore pointed me to this, after yesterday's post. Awesome. I have a cunning plan - I am going to walk about with mango seeds and stick them in the ground on my walk to the shop! This is because whenever I throw a seed in my garden (after eating the fruit of course), out sprouts a mango tree. They must grow quite easily. Obviously I am mad, cos in this heat the tress would never survive. For this to work, I'll have to take a watering can along with me on my walks!

I think I'll wait till the rainy season to give the trees a headstart. I will need also to pick spots where the tress will not be easily destroyed - run over by cars and motos and what not. Ok that's what I'll do.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I love it! If only the window had been open on the bus from Siem Reap I could have left a trail of rambutan trees all the way to Phonm Penh.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin