Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gifts from Singapore

I just found these photos. The only thing I miss - Singapore food. The best, yummiest food on the planet!

So how? No chwee kueh, chicken rice, laksa, wantan mee, bakuteh. Ta-pao lah! (Singaporeans planning to visit, please don't bother asking me what I want. I only want food from home...!)

My friend Swee brought all these goodies when she visited me in Phnom Penh in 2007 (the Brahim's kuah rendang or rendang paste is for Alan, whose favourite food is curry).

Trimmings from Little India in Singapore. Swee actually went around the Indian shops to look for ideas for me. She bought me these beautiful trimmings, which are sold by the metre. Swee suggested we add these lace and beaded trims to our bags to make them stand out. Unfortunately these and more lace and beaded trims that I subsequently bought from a large home decor store in Johor Bahru in Malaysia were all stolen by our first helper, Ming Vee, the widow from Baray district in Kampong Thom. So we never did make bags with beaded trims. Wonder how they would have looked like?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin