Looks like it will a few more years, at least, before Cambodia sees any oil...
- "U.S. major Chevron Corp has yet to submit a plan for what was slated to be Cambodia's first oil development, a senior Cambodian official said on Tuesday, which would mean first oil is unlikely until the next decade."
- "Chevron issued last year a downbeat assessment of the offshore block, after a second drilling campaign showed the block presented challenges, with hydrocarbons being dispersed rather than in one core field."
- "Cambodia has since toned down its oil ambitions and initial estimates of 400-700 million barrels are no longer discussed."
- "Cambodia is keen to attract investors to develop both the upstream and downstream sectors, as it has no refinery and imports about 1 million tonnes of refined products a year."
- "The lack of geological data has limited interest in onshore blocks, with several yet to find takers."
- "But offshore, the continued border dispute with Thailand is preventing exploration in some areas."
Post a Comment